Sunday, May 23, 2010

Departure!

Elin officially arrived in Jamaica 48 minutes ago! My dad, who arrived in Jamaica on Thursday for work excitedly called me early this morning to confirm Elin's flight information. He is waiting in a sea of people outside of the terminal Gate scouting for Elin with only a phone number and photo in hand. Once picking her up, they will drive to Elin and I's apartment in the city and get situated.

As her journey down to Kingston has just finished, mine is just commencing. I leave from LAX airport tonight at 10:10 pm on a red eye. I am all packed and ready to go, One big duffle bag filled with all my necessities and the other filled with books to take down to the orphanage. Tomorrow is a national holiday in JA so we will have that time to run errands such as setting up our cell phones, getting groceries, and the like.

I just got a lovely phone call from an excited Elin on her way back from the airport. Her and Dad stopped on the way into the city to drink a coconut from a street vendor, Elin was beaming on the phone!

Let the journey begin :)

keep it irie,

tkm

No comments: